for testing with Delvotest® new individual ampoules and pipettes
- Always take a representative sample of cow's milk from a dump bucket, bottom of the jar or a well agitated bulk tank.
- If however your parlour is 'direct to line' and you need to sample straight from the cow, strip fore-milk from all quarters before taking representative sample (from all quarters).
- Ensure each sample is clearly identified.
- Plug in incubator & switch on - the ampoule can be prepared during the warm-up time:-
3. Take a fresh disposable pipette for each milk sample. Do not touch the stem of the pipette.Draw milk into the pipette stem by squeezing the top bulb once, and dipping the tip into a well-mixed milk sample. Release the pressure on the stem fill with (00.1ml) milk. A little surplus milk should collect in the reservoir.
4. Push pipette stem through the hole in the ampoule foil. Release the milk in the stem onto the agar by gently squeezing the top bulb again. Discard pipette (surplus milk in the reservoir bulb is not used.)
5. Place the ampoule(s) in the incubator pre-heated to 64oc+/-0.5oc. Press 'Start'key. INCUBATE FOR 3 HOURS. When incubation is complete, incubator will switch off and the alarm will sound. Read results within 6 hours - or the colours may fade (if using an incubator without an automatic switch-off, read results immediately).